The Joint Management Committee adopted a schedule based on five separate stages or phases. Each phase has been dedicated to a step in the overall process leading to the establishment of four separate and distinct province-wide Authorities. The scheduled start and end dates represent targets which were adjusted to provide the time required to ensure that the new system is responsive to the needs of children, families and communities throughout Manitoba.
- Phase 1: September, 2000 to December, 2000 -Working Groups struck to develop proposals and recommendations for the draft plan.
- Phase 2: January, 2001 to July, 2001 - Implementation Committee prepares consolidated draft conceptual plan based on Working Groups proposals and recommendations to be submitted to the Executive Committee.
- Phase 3: August, 2001 to April, 2003 - Completion of the public feedback process, development of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), and transition into Phase 4 .
- Phase 4: February, 2003 to October, 2005 - Plan substantially implemented.
- Phase 5: November, 2005, to November, 2006 - Stabilization of changes implemented.